Guide to Access your MyWSU Online Account at mywsu.wsu.edu
myWSU is the official student and applicant portal of Washington State University. This web-based sign-on portal allows the WSU students to view their student info, register for classes; check admission status, transfer courses, see grades, and much more. MyWSU Online Account Login is available from any computer with an internet connection from anywhere at any time.
MyWSU Online Account Login Features
MyWSU Student Portal shows personalized information and grants to access different services based on the student and applicant at Washington State University. Using a MyWSU Online Account, a registered user can access all of their student and admission details as well as perform the following activities.
- Set up your WSU Email Account
- Complete the application
- Add or drop classes
- View class schedule and weekly calendar
- Manage classes and add books manually or automatically to be loaded as per schedule
- Pay the confirmation deposit or advanced tuition
- Submit various items such as transcripts, test scores, etc.
- View your Washington State University Student ID Number
- Review the transfer course information and the WSU equivalency guide
- View transfer credit report
- See the itemized list of charges and all of your past and current payments
- View and accept or decline financial aid award
- Know what you need for financial aid
- Give access to your parents or spouse as a third-party user to view your information
- Update contact info e.g. mailing address, email address, and phone number
- Set up direct deposit, bank accounts, student permissions, and more
Requirements for MyWSU Online Account Login
To access the MyWSU Online Portal, you student or applicant must have an account on this site. If you do not have or log in to the MyWSU for the first time, set up an online profile using the steps in the Account Creation Email. WSU sent you the instructions to the email address provided on your admission application.
Once you are registered, keep a record of your Network ID and Password. As a MyWSU login credential, you will continue to use this info throughout your time at Washington State University.
In the event, you have not received any account creation email from WSU or have any questions about the Network ID or Okta Account, contact the WSU Help Desk.
How to Log In to MyWSU Portal Online Account
After the first-time setup or as a returning user, you can log in to your MyWSU Online Account in a few simple steps as listed below.
- Visit the MyWSU Portal at mywsu.wsu.edu
- Enter your username and password associated with your WSU Network ID in their respective fields located in the middle of the page.
- Select the “Remember me” checkbox to store a part of your NID in the device you are using. It will save your time by pre-filling some of the login fields on the same device until you disable the feature.
- Click on the “Sign In” button to enter into the MyWSU Portal system for your account access.
Now, you can see your Okta home page with all the applications in one central location. To use those apps, just click the corresponding icon and it will be open in a new tab or browser window.
How to Recover MyWSU Online Account Login
If you cannot remember the login password of your MyWSU account or it is locked, you can reset the password or unlock or activate your account. To change your MyWSU Online Account password or submit an unlock request, you may take the following steps.
- Go to the MyWSU Online Portal at mywsu.wsu.edu
- Click the “Need help signing in?” link found under the ‘Sign In’ button on the login box in the middle of the page.
- Choose between the “forgot password?” or “Unlock account?” link from the drop-down list as per your need.
- Enter your MyWSU username or the primary or secondary email address listed on your user account setting.
- Select your options from SMS, Email, and Voice Call to click on it.
- Use the instructions received via your chosen method to reset the password or unlock your account in the MyWSU Online Portal.
Keep in mind that if you do not provide an email for your MyWSU Account, you cannot reset the password or unlock the account by Email option. In that case, you have to choose another method or contact an administrator by calling the Help Desk.
WSU Crimson Service Help Desk Phone Number: 509-335-4357
Email Address: email@example.com